Jump to navigation
What we stand for:
- What we stand for:
- In Engineering Projects which involve public safety concerns:
- Engineers must be licensed and state board certified to practice. This requirement includes Electrical and Software Engineers in addition to Aerospace, Biomedical, etc.
- Engineering Managers must not only be licensed and board certified but they must also be certified in all areas of engineering which they manage.
- Engineers and Engineering Managers must maintain malpractice insurance.
- Engineers and Engineering Managers are personally liable for the work they do, certify and manage.
- Regulators of Safety Critical Projects:
- Must be engineers University certified in the discipline they oversee.
- Must be held individually responsible for the projects they certify.
- Criminally negligent oversight will be prosecuted and the individual regulator will be held accountable.